1. The first ever mid-air refuelling of the indigenously developed light combat aircraft Tejas was successfully carried out, placing India in an elite group of countries having air-to-air refuelling capacity for military planes.
2. Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated the first regional workshop on Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) in Pune.
3. The first joint military exercise of the seven member countries of the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) named MILEX-18 began in Pune.
4. The first of its kind university in the country on the transport sector, the National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), started operations this week. Currently, it is functioning out of the National Academy of Indian Railways, Vadodara.
5. The Indian Army started a joint military exercise “Nomadic Elephant-2018”, between Indian Army and Mongolian Army at Mongolian Armed Forces (MAF) Desert Region Training Centre in Mongolia.
6. As part of India’s reach out to Africa, the External Affairs Ministry signed an agreement with the Telecommunications Consultants India Ltd. (TCIL) to establish a pan-African e-network between the two nations. This project called the e-VidyaBharati and e-ArogyaBharati Network Project
7. Justice Om Prakash Mishra has been sworn in as new Chief Justice of Nepal.
8. The Haryana government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) to set up an ethanol plant in Panipat with an outlay of over Rs 900 crore.
9. The Indian junior men’s skeet team bagged a silver at the ISSF World Championship in Changwon.
10. India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has partnered with Financial Software and Systems (FSS), aimed at creating a payments acceptance network for unorganized retail including small merchants and kirana stores where consumers can make payments.
11. Prime Minister Narendra Modi, his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina, and Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee and Tripura Chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb jointly inaugurated three projects (two railway projects and a power link) in Bangladesh via video conferencing.
12. India and Afghanistan agreed to enhance cooperation under the New Development Partnership.