1. International Youth Day is celebrated globally on 12th August. This Year theme is “Safe Spaces for Youth”.
2. Union Minister for Electronics & Information Technology Ravi Shankar Prasad released the document ‘Digital North East Vision 2022’ in Guwahati.
3. The Central government has unlocked more than Rs.66,000 crore rupees to increase the forest cover across the country.
4. Nepal-India Literature Festival 2018 has begun in Birgunj, Nepal.
5. Delhi Police inducted an all-woman Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team comprising 36 commandos, the first-ever by any police force in India, for anti-terrorist operations.
6. Exim Bank of India has signed a multilateral cooperation agreement with member development banks of BRICS to undertake “collaborative research” in distributed ledger/blockchain technology.
7. A special meeting of Senior Officials of the Bay of Bengal Initiatives for Multi-Sectoral, Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) was held in Kathmandu, Nepal.
8. Justice Manjula Chellur has been appointed as the new chairperson of Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (ATE) under Ministry of Power.
9. To encourage more Indian travelers to visit Israel, that country has opened a visa application center in Kolkata for tourists from West Bengal and the northeastern states.
10. Pioneering physicist and chemist Marie Curie has been named the most influential woman in history in a list of 100 female trailblazers, the list was compiled by BBC History magazine.
11. Pune has been ranked first while Navi Mumbai has surfaced as the second on the Ease of Living Index 2018 released by Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri.
12. India will launch its second lunar mission on January 3, 2019, to land on the moon with a lander and rover.
13. Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra inaugurated a new court complex with state-of-the-art facilities in Hubballi, Karnataka.
14. World No 1 Rafael Nadal has clinched the Rogers cup for the 4th time. The victory earned Nadal an 80th ATP Tour singles title and a 33rd Masters trophy.
15. Viraj Madappa has become the youngest Indian golfer to win on the Asian Tour.
16. Former Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee has passed away.
17. Nobel Prize-winning author V.S. Naipaul has passed away.
Recent Recruitment Notifications 2019
|Naval Dockyard Recruitment||Apply for 933 Vacancies|
|Kanchipuram Central Cooperative Bank Recruitment||Apply for 238 Vacancies|
|Cotton Corporation of India Limited Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|HP Revenue Department Recruitment||Apply for 1195 Vacancies|
|BITS Pilani Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|AIATSL Recruitment||Apply for 214 Vacancies|