From 2020 France will impose green tax on plane tickets
- Up to €18 French government is to impose a tax.
- The plane tickets for all flights from airports in France.
- They fund less-polluting transportation projects.
- The move which will take effect from 2020.
- On internal flights within Europe a tax of €1.5 imposed on economy-class tickets.
ICSI launches UDIN to improve corporate governance
- ICSI rolled out an initiative in the form of a UDIN.
- The main aim is to pursue a heightened sense of self-governance.
- The strengthen the practicing side of company secretaries.
- UDIN will provide ease of maintaining a register.
- The ICSI functions under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
On 11th July World Population Day is observed
- World Population Day was observed on July 11.
- It is observed every year.
- The day focuses towards the urgency and the significance of issues.
- Nearly three decades now the day has been celebrated.
- The Day brings the attention on the consequences of increasing population.
In New Delhi India and ASEAN Troika Trade Ministers Meeting held
- India and the ASEAN Troika Trade Ministers Meeting.
- The meeting was held in New Delhi.
- The informal consultation on the ongoing RCEP.
Vande Matram part of the NFAI collection
- Pune based NFAI acquired rare footage of the 1948 Marathi film ‘Vande Mataram’.
- The legendary writer and playwright P.L. Deshpande played a major role.
- A VHS cassette containing about 35-minute footage.
- It is along with two U-Matic tapes of about one-hour duration.
- The film was directed by noted filmmaker Ram Gabale.
12th July 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here