12th June 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. World Day Against Child Labour is observed on 12th June.
2. The Department of Telecom (DoT) launched 5,000 WiFi choupals in partnership with Common Service Centres (CSC) which will provide 60,000 WiFi hotspots in rural areas.
3. American fighter Ronda Rousey become the first female MMA fighter to be inducted into the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Hall of Fame.
4. India extended a financial aid of Rs.99 million to Nepal for the construction of 2,700 shallow tube well irrigation systems in 12 districts of the country’s southern Terai region to boost agricultural productivity.
5. India will host the first military exercise of the BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) group focussing on counter-terrorism in September.
6. The government is set to unveil a Rs.500 crore credit enhancement fund next month to facilitate infrastructure investments by insurance and pension funds.
7.The 11th World Hindi Conference to be held in Mauritius from August 18-20.
8. India will soon have its first national police museum as the central government has decided to establish the unique facility in Lutyens’ Delhi.
9. Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel has won the Canadian Grand Prix Formula one.
10. A senior journalist and president of Kohima Press Club, Xavier Rutsa has passed away.