Singapore Passes Controversial Fake News
- Singapore passed a controversial bill.
- It equips the government with extensive powers.
- The bill was first drafted last month.
- It had been expected, it passed 72-9 in Singapore’s parliament.
- It dominated by the ruling PAP late on Wednesday.
- The bill caused concern through its potential.
- This is a key feature enables the government.
In the South China Sea, Indian Navy joins Group sail
- Two Indian Navy ships INS Shakti and INS Kolkata carried out.
- The exercise was held from 3rd May to 9th May.
- The Group Sail was aimed.
- Four countries namely Japan, India, the Philippines, and the US.
On 12th May International Nurses Day is celebrated
- IND is an international day.
- It observed around the world on 12 May.
- That nurses make to society to mark the contributions.
- It was first observed in 1965.
- ICN commemorates this important day each year.
- “Nurses: A voice to lead – Health for All” is the theme for this year 2019.
Jeff Bezos has unveiled a new lunar lander spacecraft
- Amazon entrepreneur Jeff Bezos has unveiled a mock-up.
- It is a new lunar lander spacecraft.
- By 2024 that aims to take equipment and humans to the Moon.
- To land on the south pole the aim is for Blue Moon.
- To produce hydrogen the water derived from that ice can be broken down.
To protect asylum seekers Human Rights Groups Urge Srilanka
- Srilanka to protect asylum seekers.
- They did not deport them following the Easter Sunday attacks.
- Over the safety in a joint appeal the organizations raised.
- 1,200 people from Afghanistan and Pakistan have fled their homes.
12th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here