1. NITI Aayog and IBM announced a first-of-its-kind internship programme for students selected by Atal Innovation Mission (AIM).
2. President Ramnath Kovind inaugurated the 13th annual convention of Central Information Commission in New Delhi.
3. India was ranked 115 among 157 countries in World Bank’s human capital index report, topped by Singapore.
4. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) signed a MoU with the Central University of Jammu (CUJ) in Jammu for setting up of the Satish Dhawan Center for Space Science in the University.
5. The country’s first India-Israel Innovation Centre (IIIC), an entrepreneurial technology hub, was launched in Bengaluru.
6. Leading stock exchange NSE has signed a pact with the Uttarakhand government to provide access to capital to MSMEs, which will fuel the growth of such entities in the state.
7. State Bank of India has signed a MoU with Kathmandu-based National Banking Institute (NBI) for the development of human resources of the latter.
8. The World Economic Forum (WEF) announced its new Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution in India.
9. Direct selling major Amway announced appointment of Milind Pant, first Indian and non-family individual, as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with effect from January 2, 2019.
10. Arun Kumar Rath, CEO of SAIL’s Durgapur Steel Plant, took charge as the new CEO of Bhilai Steel plant. Rath has replaced M Ravi.