1. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar flagged off the first bus service between Bihar and Nepal.
2. NITI Aayog, Intel, and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) announced that they are collaborating to set up a Model International Center for Transformative Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI) towards developing and deploying AI-led application-based research projects.
3. As part of the ongoing Indo-US defence cooperation, a joint military training Exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas 2018’ is scheduled to be conducted in the foothills of Himalayas at Chaubattia in Uttarakhand from 16 September to 29 September 2018.
4. Apsara, the first research reactor in Asia that worked nearly five decades before shutting down in 2009, is now operational as ‘Apsara-U’ on Trombay campus of Maharashtra.
5. Minister for Railways Piyush Goyal launched a web-based e-portal ‘Rail Sahyog’, wherein private and public sector undertakings can contribute their corporate social responsibility (CSR) funds to develop amenities at railway stations.
6. The government of Andhra Pradesh launched a mobile platform, e-Rythu (e-farmer in Telugu) which will enable small-scale farmers to market their produce at reasonable prices.
7. An India-born woman scholar in the US, Rajalakshmi Nandakumar has been selected for the 2018 Marconi Society Paul Baran Young Scholar award.
8.HDFC Life Insurance has appointed its chief financial officer (CFO) Vibha Padalkar as its managing director and chief executive officer.
9. Russia has launched its biggest military exercise since the Cold War named “Vostok-2018”.
10. Justice Mukul Mudgal has been named chairman of the 11-member selection committee to pick this year’s Dronacharya and Dhyanchand awardees.
11. Samsung has opened its biggest experience centre in Bengaluru.
12. Jhulan Goswami became the first woman to pick up 300 international wickets.