13th June 2018 Current Affairs – Gk Today
1. The government has approved a 33% increase in carpet area of houses eligible for interest subsidy under its affordable housing scheme Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (MAY-U) to attract more beneficiaries.
2. Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has created a world record of distributing maximum number of bee-boxes in a single day in Zangalee Army area, Jammu and Kashmir.
3. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has set up a group of industry experts to examine the possibility of letting local companies directly list their shares overseas.
4. An International Conference on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) will be held in Kathmandu, Nepal from June 17. The Theme of two day conference is “Sustainable Development Goals for Smart Society”.
5. India has slipped to the 177th position according to the just-released State of India’s Environment (SoE) 2018. In 2016, the country had ranked 141 out of 180 countries.
6. Indian boxers bagged one Gold and two Silver medals at the Umakhanov Memorial Tournament in the Russian city of Kaspiysk. Saweety Bora (75 kg) – Gold and Brijesh Yadav (81kg) and Virender Kumar (91kg) – Silver
7. India captain Virat Kohli was received the prestigious Polly Umrigar Trophy (Cricketer of the Year) award at the BCCI Annual Awards for two consecutive seasons.
8. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar inaugurated and laid foundation stones for more than 100 schemes, worth Rs.875 crore, of the state bridge construction corporation.
9. The first batch of Kailash Manasarovar Yatra-2018 was flagged off in New Delhi by Union minister of state for External Affairs VK Singh.
10. At 17.2 per cent, Axis Bank commands the largest value share of mobile banking transactions but it’s Paytm that tops volumes with 22 per cent, according to State Bank of India’s (SBI) annual report for 2017-18.
11. Popular Kumaoni singer Pappu Karki has passed away.