Dipa Karmakar selected as Barbie Role Model
- Dipa Karmakar was selected as Barbie role model.
- It presented with a one-of-a-kind doll by Barbie.
- The company celebrates its 60th anniversary.
- In 2015 ‘Shero’ program was started.
- Karmakar has won over 77 medals.
- She also became India’s first gymnast.
- They released a new range of barbies.
BoI Raised Rs.660 Crore By Selling Shares To Employees
- BoI raised Rs.660.80 crore by issuing shares.
- To employees under ESPS.
- To eligible employees, the bank issued 6,25,52,188 shares of Rs. 10 each.
- The Bank offered a discount of 24.28%.
- 70% of the total employees participated.
Facebook Started Facebook Hubs to aid startups
- In India, Facebook started ‘Facebook Hubs’ at 20 locations.
- These hubs will help foster innovation and support.
- The mentor hours and workshops, training, roundtable discussions.
- For training and mentoring facilities, these hubs will be part of a global network.
ECI to launch cVIGIL on 18th March
- For Lok Sabha elections, ECL has developed cVIGIL, a mobile app.
- Maybe it is launched on 18th March 2019.
- On the Google Play store, it is available.
- During the election time, it can be lodged.
- Download the application from the Google Play Store.
- Within 100 minutes of filing the complaint.
Vastradan Campaign has set the Guinness World Record
- By the erstwhile royal family of Udaipur, Vastradan Campaign was initiated.
- The largest collection of clothes for donation.
- Over 3,29,250 pieces of clothing were collected for 76, 000 donors.
- They distributed to the needy.
- Over 120 schools, 15 colleges, and around 30 NGOs the campaign reached out.
- It was handed over to Lakshyaraj Singh Mewar.
13th March 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here