1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation several projects including two National Highways and an Inland Waterways Terminal on River Ganga at Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh. The total cost of these projects is 2413 crore rupees.
2. Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserves Ltd (ISPRL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) to explore storage of crude oil at Padur underground facility in Karnataka.
3. The two-day RCEP Inter-Sessional Ministerial Meeting concluded in Singapore. Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu led the Indian delegation to the meeting.
4. Indian mountaineer Satyarup Siddhanta became the first Indian to climb Mt Giluwe, the second highest mountain in Papua New Guinea.
5. The first bilateral naval exercise named “Samudra Shakti” between the Indian and the Indonesian Navies was inaugurated in Surabaya, Indonesia.
6. Flipkart Group CEO Binny Bansal has resigned after an independent probe into an allegation of serious personal misconduct. Kalyan Krishnamurthy will continue to be the CEO of Flipkart.
7. The prestigious Munin Barkotoki Literary Award 2018 in Assam has been given to young writer-critic Dr. Debabhuson Borah for his book on literary criticism titled ‘Nirbochon’.
8. The comic writer Stan Lee, co-creator of iconic characters including Iron Man, the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Daredevil and the X-Men, has passed away.
9. Eminent Odia singer Chitta Jena has passed away.
10. Lewis Hamilton has won the Brazilian Grand Prix formula one championship.
11.China Open 2018 Badminton Championships
Men’s Singles: Kento Momota
Women’s Singles: Chen Yufei
Men’s Doubles: Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo
Women’s Doubles: Lee So-hee/Shin Seung-chan
Mixed Doubles: Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong