1. The Union Cabinet approved new Umbrella Scheme ‘Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay Sanrakshan Abhiyan’, PM-AASHA. The Scheme is aimed at ensuring remunerative prices to the farmers for their produce as announced in the Union Budget for 2018.
2. Arjun Ram Meghwal, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation presided over the Prize Distribution Function for the 30th National Youth Parliament Competition, 2017-18 for Kendriya Vidyalayas.
3. External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj left for a two-day visit to Moscow, Russia. During her visit, she will attend the 23rd India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Technical and Economic Cooperation (IRIGC-TEC).
4. The Union Cabinet approved a proposal for 100 per cent electrification of all the broad gauge (BG) routes of Railways by 2021-22.
5. The UN says more people went hungry in 2017 than at any time in the previous decade as food deprivation on the rise due to conflict and climate change. According to the latest edition of the UN’s annual multi-agency flagship report on the State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World, the number of undernourished globally, increased to 821 million in 2017.
6. National Health Mission Director Manoj Jhalani has been conferred the prestigious UN Interagency Task Force (UNIATF) Award for his outstanding contribution towards the prevention and control of non-communicable diseases.
7. Tamil Nadu government has signed an MoU with the Central government to implement Ayushman Bharat Yojana in association with state-run Chief Minister’s Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme (CMCHIS).
8. Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, joined hands with IBM Research to carry out advanced research in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
9. The Union cabinet approved an MoU between India and South Africa on cooperation for exploration and uses of the outer space for peaceful purposes.
10. India, Iran and Afghanistan held their first tripartite meeting held in Kabul during which implementation of the Chabahar port project and a host of other issues including ways to deepen counter-terror cooperation were discussed.
11. Padma Bhushan awardee and noted agricultural economist Vijay Shankar Vyas has passed away.
Recent Recruitment Notifications 2019
|SSC Recruitment||Apply for 21625 Vacancies|
|CISF Recruitment||Apply for 914 Vacancies|
|NRHM MP Recruitment||Apply for 1479 Vacancies|
|JSSC Recruitment||Apply for 1140 Vacancies|
|GPSC Recruitment||Apply for 1363 Vacancies|
|Goa Medical College Recruitment||Apply for 1077 Vacancies|