1. International Day of Rural Women is observed on 15th October. This year theme is ‘Sustainable infrastructure, services and social protection for gender equality and the empowerment of rural women and girls’.
2. Rashtriya Mahila Kisan Diwas is observed on 15th October.
3. The Government has appointed Shekhar C Mande as the Director General of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and Secretary of the Department of Scientific and Research (DSIR).
4. The government launched an early warning system that can predict the quality of air in Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR). The air quality early warning system, developed by the Union ministry of earth sciences (MoES).
5. India provided Sri Lanka with additional assistance to build another 1,200 houses through 50 model villages. With this, India’s collaboration with Sri Lanka’s ministry of housing and construction under the ‘Model Villages Housing Programme’ now covers 2,400 houses in 100 model villages.
6. Union Minister of State for Textiles, Ajay Tamta, inaugurated the 46th edition of world’s largest IHGF-Delhi Fair at India Expo Centre & Mart at Greater Noida.
7. Minister of State for Textiles, Ajay Tamta announced that the Ministry would release Rs 7.8 crore for the construction of a textile tourism complex in Nongpoh, Ri-Bhoi district of Meghalaya.
8. Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling received the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation’s (FAO) Future Policy Gold Award for paving the way for the rest of the world. The CM received the award as Sikkim became the world’s first fully organic state.
9. India and China have launched their first joint programme for Afghanistan to train its diplomats.
10. The 6th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Intersessional Ministerial Meeting was held in Singapore.
11. The 6th edition of India International Silk Fair (IISF) was held at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.
12. Guadeloupean writer Maryse Conde, newly crowned winner of the inaugural Academy Prize, the ‘Alternative Nobel’.
13. The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) launched an AI chatbot ‘Ask Disha’ to help its users answer various queries.
14. India men’s and women’s team won silver medals each in the Hockey 5s competition at the Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
15. Great Britain lifted the 2018 Sultan of Johor Cup U-18 hockey tournament in Malaysia by defeating India.
16. Novak Djokovic won the Shanghai Masters after a convincing 6-3 6-4 victory over surprise finalist Borna Coric in China.
17. Old warhorse Leander Paes has won Santo Domingo Open trophy with partner Miguel Angel Reyes-Varela.
Recent Recruitment Notifications 2019
|South Central Coalfields Limited Recruitment||Apply for 88585 Vacancies|
|BECIL Recruitment||Apply for 2684 Vacancies|
|Mazagon Dock Recruitment||Apply for 1980 Vacancies|
|Southern Railway Recruitment||Apply for 2393 Vacancies|
|HARCO Bank Recruitment||Apply for 978 Vacancies|
|Siddhasiri Souharda Sahakari Limited Recruitment||Apply for 250 Vacancies|