14th June 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. World Blood Donor Day is celebrated on 14 June.
2. President Ram Nath Kovind will launch Solar Charkha Mission on June 27, which will entail a subsidy of Rs.550 crore in the initial two years for 50 clusters. The scheme also aims at linking five crore women across the country to the initiative.
3. The Maharashtra government and Canada’s Quebec province have signed a pact to increase the economic cooperation, specially in areas like information technology, biotechnology, artificial intelligence and welfare of the tribal community.
4. The Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) has developed a mobile-based application ‘utsonmobile’.
5. Raksha Mantri, Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the first Representative Office of Navratna Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) in Hanoi, Vietnam.
6.Dr. Inder Jit Singh, assumed charge as Secretary, Ministry of Coal at Shastri Bhawan office, New Delhi.
7. An Indian-American woman, Dhivya Suryadevara has been named the Chief Finance Officer (CFO) of the US’ largest automaker, General Motors.
8. Yes Bank shareholders have approved the re-appointment of Rana Kapoor as the bank’s CEO and Managing Director for a period of three years.
9. Cognizant has named CEO Francisco D’Souza as vice chairman of the board.
10. The government approved the proposal of HDFC Bank to raise additional capital Rs.24,000 crore by selling equity to foreign investors to fund its business growth.
11. Noted social reformer and founder of Sulabh International, Bindeshwar Pathak, was honoured with Japan’s prestigious ‘Nikkei Asia Prize for Culture and Community’ for his significant work in tackling poor hygiene and discrimination.
12. The Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched ‘#YogaFor9to5’, focused on generating awareness regarding benefits of Yoga at Workplace for Women.