India ranked 7th most valuable nation brand in the world
- India became the seventh most valuable nation brand in the world.
- By Brand Finance the annual report on the world’s most valuable nation brands was compiled.
- To $2,562 billion the report showed India’s brand value increased by 19% in the year 2018-2019.
- The Indian economy recovered quickly after the global financial crisis.
NITI Aayog plans to attract 2 lakh, foreign students
- The policy think tank of the Indian government NITI Aayog has decided to create EEZ.
- An action plan to make India an education hub to attract 2 lakh, foreign students.
- The decision was announced at a multi-ministerial meeting hosted by Rajiv Kumar.
- The multi-ministerial meeting was attended by senior officials of MHA, HRD, AYUSH, ICCR.
In New Delhi, India International Cooperative Trade Fair was held
- IICTF was in New Delhi from 11th October to 13th October.
- The trade fair was first-of-its-kind.
World Standards Day observed on 14 October
- World Standards Day is observed on 14th October 2019.
- The day is observed every year.
- The day is observed to raise awareness of the significance of standardization.
- The day is celebrated globally by the members of the IEC, ISO, and ITU, IEEE, IETF.
AP to launch a statewide water grid project
- AP State government has launched a statewide water grid project.
- By 2022 they provide a drinking water connection to every household in the State.
- The announcement was made by P Ramachandra Reddy.
14th October 2019 Current Affairs in PDF: Download
14th October 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here