1. Hindi Diwas is celebrated on 14th September. Hindi written in Devanagari script became the official language of India under the Article 343.
2. Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi launched the country’s first National Scholarship Portal Mobile App in New Delhi, that would make the government welfare schemes more accessible to needy students.
3. The country’s first tribal tourism circuit was inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Tourism K J Alphons in Dhamtari district of Chhattisgarh.
4. The G20 Trade and Investment Ministerial Meeting began in Argentinian coastal city Mar del Plata. Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu participated in this meeting.
5. External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj led the Indian delegation at the 23rd meeting of India-Russia Intergovernmental Commission (IRIGC-TEC) to discuss the expansion of Russia-India relationship across all sectors.
6. Senior BJP leader L K Advani has been renominated as the chairman of the Ethics Committee of the Lok Sabha by Speaker Sumitra Mahajan.
7. Vice President Venkaiah Naidu embarked on his three-nation visit. The three nations are Serbia, Malta and Romania.
8. The President of India has appointed Justice Ranjan Gogoi as the next Chief Justice of India.
9.Udhayveer Singh has won gold in the junior men’s 25m pistol event in the World Shooting Championships in Changwon.
10. Jaipur-based poet and writer Sawai Singh Shekhawat will be honoured with Meera Puruskar by Rajasthan Sahitya Academy for his contribution to Hindi literature.
11. The festival of Harvest Nuakhai is being celebrated in Odisha.