1. The Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of important projects, cumulatively worth over Rs.900 crore, in Varanasi. Among the projects inaugurated are the Varanasi City Gas Distribution Project, and the Varanasi-Ballia MEMU train.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the Bansagar Canal Project to the Nation in Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh.
3. India has become the vice-chair (regional head) of the Asia Pacific region of the World Customs Organisation (WCO) for a period of two years to June, 2020.
4. University of Houston has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE), to build scientific and technical knowledge through joint research.
5. Union minister for electronics and IT and law and justice Ravi Shankar Prasad unveiled the Goa IT Policy 2018 at the Inox complex in Panaji.
6. With the launch of cost-effective innovative water project, Bihar will soon provide the cheapest drinking water in the world.
7. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has set up a 10 Member Committee, headed by the Secretary of Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Injeti Srinivas, for review of the penal provisions in the Companies Act, 2013 may be to examine de-criminalisation of certain offences.
8. India’s wholesale inflation grew 5.77 percent in June, a four-and-half-year high, driven by some food items and fuel prices, latest price data released by the commerce and industry ministry.
9. India has signed a revised travel agreement with Bangladesh to ease visa restrictions for citizens from the neighbouring country.
10. The board of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has approved the insurer’s acquisition of a majority stake (51%) in IDBI Bank.
11. Bhushan Steel, acquired by Tata Steel under corporate resolution process, has approved the appointment of TV Narendran as chairman and non-executive additional director of the company.
12. Mumbai-based automaker Vazirani Automotive has unveiled India’s first turbine-electric hypercar called ‘Vazirani Shul’.
13. An 8 year-old Indian-origin, Ishwar Sharma has been named the ‘British Indian of the Year’ in the young achiever category for his accomplishments in the field.
14. France emerged as the champion team of the FIFA World Cup 2018, which was held in Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow.
15.Wimbledon Championship 2018 complete Winners List
Men’s Singles : Novak Djokovic
Women’s Singles: Angelique Kerber
Men’s Doubles: Mike Bryan / Jack Sock
Women’s Doubles: Barbora Krejcikova / Katerina Siniakova
Mixed Doubles: Nicole Melichar / Alexander Peya
16. Kannada poet and film song lyricist M.N. Vyasa Rao has passed away.