15th June 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. Union Minister for Finance, Railways and Coal Piyush Goyal inaugurated three Neyveli Lignite Corporation India Limited (NLCIL) 100 MW Solar Power Projects each in Tamil Nadu.
2. Putting a spotlight on the latest European cinema, the European Union Film Festival (EUFF) will premiere in New Delhi on 18th June, at the Siri Fort Auditorium.
3. A Conference on Implementation of National Pension System (NPS) by the Central Autonomous Bodies (CABs) was organized by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) in New Delhi.
4. India’s second-largest private-sector bank by market value, and Housing finance major Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) has been ranked as the 5th biggest public company globally in the ‘consumer financial services category’ by the prestigious Forbes magazine.
5. Marg ERP limited has partnered with ICICI Bank, India’s largest private sector bank by consolidated assets, to offer an integrated payments platform to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) customers, using MARG’s accounting software.
6. Flipkart-owned PhonePe has partnered cab aggregator Ola that will allow riders to book rides using the former’s payment platform.
7. Fitch Ratings raised India growth forecast for 2018-19 to 7.4 per cent from 7.3 per cent.
8. Smriti Mandhana is set to become the first Indian to play in the Kia Super League (KSL), England’s domestic women’s T20 competition.
9. Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, J P Nadda inaugurated the 10th meeting of Global Alliance to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis (GAELF) in Delhi.
10. The Arunachal Pradesh government has inked an agreement with Andhra Pradesh-based Smart Village Movement (SVM) to facilitate technology innovations, research, and development.
11. Former Saurashtra batsman Mulubha Jadeja has passed away.