SBI re-entered top 10 most valued domestic firms
- SBI re-entered the elite club of the top-10 most valued domestic firms.
- The market valuation after a gap of two weeks on 14 October.
- On 1 October, SBI lost its spot to Bajaj Finance.
- The m-cap SBI was at Rs.2,27,979.20 crore.
IIT Madras and EMRE partners for biofuel research
- IITM signed an agreement with EMRE for research on energy and biofuels.
- It is a five-year joint research agreement.
- The research will focus on biofuels, data analytics, transport, gas, and conversion.
- It also intends to find low-emission solutions.
Complete list of 2019 Nobel Prize winners announced
- The Nobel Foundation has declared the complete list of winners for 2019.
- On 10 December 2019 Fifteen eminent personalities will receive the highest honor.
- The winners were recognized for their individual contributions.
World Students Day is observed on 15 October
- 15 October is celebrated as the World Students’ Day.
- The day marks the birth anniversary of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
World Bank forecasts Indias GDP forecast to 6 percent
- In 2019-20 World Bank said that India’s growth rate is projected to fall to 6%.
- The deceleration in the initial quarters of this fiscal.
- World Bank said that India is expected to gradually recover to 6.9%.
- In April 2019, World Bank projected India’s growth rate as 7.5%.
- The World Bank report said that in the first quarter of 2019-20.
15th October 2019 Current Affairs in PDF: Download