1. The International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer is celebrated on 16th September. This year theme is “Keep Cool and Carry on: Montreal Protocol”.
2. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully tested a low-weight indigenously developed man-portable anti-tank guided missile (MPATGM) at its Ahmednagar range.
3. The Uttar Pradesh Police are set to launch a first of its kind dial-FIR scheme in the country.
4. Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle PSLV-C42 of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully launched two satellites NovaSAR and S1-4 from Sriharikota in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh.
5. Hyderabad is set to get country’s first exclusive dog park.
6. Union home minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated two pilot projects of ‘smart’ border fencing built under the Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS) programme in Jammu.
7. PayU India has received Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) approval to operate its own non-banking financial company (NBFC), the digital payments firm owned by South Africa’s Naspers Ltd.
8. Mountaineers Satyarup Siddhanta and Mousumi Khatua have created history by climbing Asia’s highest volcanic peak Mount Damavand in Iran.
9. The NABARD has approved Rs.65,634.93 crore loan so far to 93 prioritised irrigation projects under the government’s flagship scheme Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana.
10. Punjab National Bank (PNB) bagged the “Rajbhasha Kirti” award for outstanding performance in implementing the Official Language Policy during 2017-18.
11. State Bank of India appointed Prashant Kumar as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Bank.
12. India’s second largest IT services firm Infosys acquired Finland-based Fluido in a deal worth up to 65 million euros (over Rs 545 crore).
13. The 2nd edition of Nepal-China joint military exercise (JME) named “Sagarmatha Friendship-2” in China’s Sichuan province.
14.MC Mary Kom has won gold in the 13th International Silesian Women’s Boxing Championships in Gliwice, Poland.
15. Kenyan athlete Eliud Kipchoge set a new world record at the 45th BMW Berlin-Marathon, the 33-year old Kenyan Olympic champion broke the previous world record by one minute and 18 seconds.
16. The Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) won the All India MCC-Murugappa Gold Cup title by defeating Indian Railways.
17. Maldives beat India to win SAFF Cup 2018 at the Bangabandhu National Stadium in Dhaka.
18. The world’s largest free literary festival ‘Jaipur Literature Festival’ began in Houston.
19. Former Union petroleum minister Satya Prakash Malaviya has passed away.