1. Bharti AXA Life Insurance and Airtel Payments Bank have entered a tie-up to offer Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) to the latter’s customers.
2. International Master Nihal Sarin became the 53rd Grandmaster of India despite losing his final round game to Richard Rapport of Hungary in the ninth and final round of Abu Dhabi Masters.
3. Vienna has dislodged Melbourne for the first time at the top of the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Global Liveability Index. (2nd – Melbourne)
4. Canara Bank plans to hire a social media agency as part of its brand promotion and to reach customers in a better way.
5. Mario Abdo Benitez took over as Paraguay’s new president by replacing a seemingly disgruntled Horacio Cartes.
6. The 24th World Congress of Philosophy (WCP) was held in Beijing, China. The theme is “Learning To Be Human”.
7. Smitha Crishna, the third-generation heir of the Godrej Empire, has topped India’s wealthiest women list for 2018, according to Kotak Wealth-Hurun Report. Roshni Nadar, the CEO and executive director, HCL, ranks second.
8. The Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) has appointed Egon Zehnder International as a ‘Knowledge Partner’ to the Banks Board Bureau to design, implement and institutionalize a flagship leadership development strategy for public sector banks in India.
9. Former India Cricket team captain Ajit Wadekar has passed away.
10. Former Prime Minister of India and the BJP’s tallest leader and co-founder, Atal Bihari Vajpayee has passed away.