1. The International Day for Tolerance is observed on 16th November.
2. NITI Aayog has partnered with the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to host a South Asian regional conference at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in New Delhi.
3. NITI Aayog has constituted the Himalayan State Regional Council, to ensure sustainable development of the Himalayan region. The council, which will be chaired by VK Saraswat, Member, NITI Aayog.
4. The two-day summit to mark the World Tolerance Day was inaugurated today in Dubai for the first. The theme of the Summit was ‘Prospering from Pluralism: Embracing Diversity through Innovation and Collaboration’.
5. Sunil Mehta, the chairman of a bankers’ panel working on faster resolution of stressed assets in public sector banks, Thursday said an asset management company (AMC) for resolving large bad loans has been formed and will be called as Sashakt India Asset Management.
6. Secretary MSME,Dr. Arun Kumar Panda, led the Indian Delegation in the India- Taiwan SME Development Forum held at Taipei, Taiwan.
7. Tajikistan inaugurated a $3.9 billion hydro-electric power plant on Vakhsh river, a mega project that will enable the impoverished country to eliminate domestic energy shortages and export electricity to Afghanistan and Pakistan.
8. French President Emmanuel Macron and Morocco’s King Mohammed VI are inaugurated Morocco’s first high-speed rail line, the first ever such line in Africa.
9. Harsimrat Kaur Badal, minister for food processing industries, inaugurated the second mega food park in Aurangabad district, Maharashtra.
10. Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) will extend a Rs.5,000-crore loan to a 1,000 MW pumped-storage project in West Bengal.
11. The Oxford Dictionaries chose “toxic” as its word of the year, a title given to a word that reflects the ethos, mood, or preoccupations of the passing year.