1. World Food Day is celebrated on 16th October. This year theme is ‘Our Actions are our Future’.
2. ICICI Bank announced that the RBI has approved Sandeep Bakshi’s appointment as Managing Director and CEO of the bank for three years.
3. Shri Mansukh L. Mandaviya, Minister of State for Road Transport and Highways and Chemical & Fertilizer launched the Youth Road Safety Learners Licence programme in New Delhi.
4. The Reserve Bank India has announced that it will purchase government securities worth ₹120 billion under Open Market Operations.
5. Kreditech has been licensed by the RBI to operate as an NBFC with the first-of-its-kind license in the Indian financial history for digital lending business and app-based financing.
6. Stephen Hawking’s final book ‘Brief Answers to the Big Questions’, which tackles issues from the existence of God to the potential for time travel was launched.
7.’Beeg Ani Beegath’, a collection of short stories in Konkani by a well-known writer, journalist, and critic H M Pernal has bagged the prestigious ‘Vimala V Pai Vishwa’ Konkani best book award for the year 2018.
8. Nimesh Shah, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund, has been elected as Chairman of the trade body, Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI).
9. The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay has emerged on top in the first-ever standalone prestigious Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) rankings for Indian institutions of higher education.
10. The sixth meeting of the UAE-India High-Level Joint Task Force on Investments (‘the Joint Task Force’) was held in Mumbai.
11. HMD Global, which designs and sells phones under the Nokia brand, has appointed Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt as the ‘face of Nokia phones’ in India.
Recent Recruitment Notifications 2019
|South Central Coalfields Limited Recruitment||Apply for 88585 Vacancies|
|BECIL Recruitment||Apply for 2684 Vacancies|
|Mazagon Dock Recruitment||Apply for 1980 Vacancies|
|Southern Railway Recruitment||Apply for 2393 Vacancies|
|HARCO Bank Recruitment||Apply for 978 Vacancies|
|Siddhasiri Souharda Sahakari Limited Recruitment||Apply for 250 Vacancies|