17th & 18th June 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting, Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore inaugurated the European Union Film Festival (EUFF), aimed at putting a spotlight on the latest European cinema at the Siri Fort auditorium in Delhi.
2. The fourth meeting of Niti Aayog’s governing council was held in New Delhi under the chairmanship Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
3. The World Bank has approved $700 million to help Bangladesh achieve its education for all vision by improving the primary education sector.
4. The Tripura government launched the GPS (Global Positioning System) and wireless-based 24×7 “mobile policing” service to curb crime, especially against women.
5. Muthoot Fincorp Limited announced its partnership with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) to train over 10,000 youth over the next three years and make them job ready.
6. Youthful rightwinger Ivan Duque has won Colombia’s presidential election.
7. The US has surpassed India to become the top destination for greenfield FDI investment in 2017, according to the FDI Report 2018.
8. The High Commission of India in Seychelles celebrated the 4th International Day of Yoga (IDY) 2018 at the iconic Palais des Sports indoor stadium in Victoria, Seychelles on 17th June. (theme: “Yoga for Health”)
9. Roger Federer claimed his 98th ATP Tour tennis title to defeat Milos Raonic in the grass-court Stuttgart Cup.
10. Golfer Brooks Koepka has won the 118th U.S. Open Championship. He became the first man to win back-to-back US Open titles for 29 years.
11. Japan’s Cabinet adopted an economic plan that would allow more foreign workers as the rapidly ageing country seeks to make up for its declining workforce.
12. Insurance regulator IRDAI has formed a committee to review regulations governing the Insurance Marketing Firms (IMF).