1. India has written to Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations proposing declaration of the upcoming year as “International Year of Millets”.
2. Mike Pompeo, the US secretary of state, has formed a dedicated group to coordinate and run the country’s policy towards Iran following President Donald Trump’s unilateral withdrawal from a multinational nuclear deal with Tehran.
3. Qatar pledged $15 billion of investment in Turkey and announced that a government source in Ankara said would be channeled into its banks and financial markets.
4. India Ratings and Research has revised down its FY19 economic growth forecast to 7.2% from 7.4% earlier.
5. Oscar-winning director Ang Lee will be one of the recipients of the annual Directors Guild of America (DGA) honours at its ceremony.
6. James P. Allison, Carl H. June, and Steven A. Rosenberg have been named a recipient of the 2018 Albany Medical Center Prize in Medicine and Biomedical Research.
7. The navies of India and Singapore will conduct joint exercises next month to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the maritime bilateral relations between the two countries.
8. IAS officer K S Srinivas has taken over as the Chairman of the city-based Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA), an agency under the Union Commerce Ministry.
9. PhonePe has announced entering into a partnership with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to facilitate convenient, fast and secure payments through PhonePe on the IRCTC Rail connect Android app.
10. The great American soul singer Aretha Franklin has passed away. Popularly known as ” The Queen of Soul”.
11. Malian President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita has been re-elected as president of the country.