1. President Ram Nath Kovind has approved the Assam Witch Hunting (Prohibition, Prevention, and Protection) Bill, 2015, converting it to an Act.
2. Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the ‘Paudhagiri’ campaign, aimed at increasing the green cover in the state.
3. The Haryana Education Department has launched ‘I am not afraid of English’ initiative to promote English language.
4. With an aim to upgrade the quality of education, healthcare facilities in the AYUSH National Institutes, the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) will organize a two-day conference of heads AYUSH National Institutes in New Delhi.
5. Bharat Electronics (BEL) has signed an agreement with the Swedish firm Saab for jointly marketing the L-Band 3D air surveillance radar (RAWL-03) which is co-developed by the companies.
6. One of the country’s first Defence incubators will come up in Hyderabad, which is India’s missile development center and fast emerging the hub for aerospace industries. The incubator will be housed at T-Hub.
7.IIT Madras has launched world’s first remotely operatable microscope that would enable a precise atom-by-atom view of a material. The Local Electrode Atom Probe (LEAP) was developed in a collaborative exercise involving eight top research institutions headed by IIT Madras.
8. The government has decided to form a committee under former education secretary Anil Swarup, to address issues such as “manpower deficiency” in the NCC and NSS, seeking suggestions to revamp and strengthen the two youth institutions.
9.Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, co-chaired 8th session of India-Oman Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) along with Minister of Industry, Investment, Trade and Digital Economy of Oman, Dr. Ali bin Masoud Al Sunaidy in Muscat.
10. Bollywood actors Akshay Kumar (76th) and Salman Khan (82nd) are among the world’s 100 highest-paid entertainers, according to a Forbes on the list of 100 highest-earning celebrities of 2018, topped by American boxer, Floyd Mayweather.
11. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has projected a growth rate of 7.3% in 2018 and 7.5% in 2019 for India.
12..The UK has topped an annual global ranking of nations’ soft power, with France placed second on the list of 30 countries which does not feature India.
13. India has been elected new President of Asian Tug of War Federation. India’s Gautam Kaul won the prestigious post in the Federations’ Executive Committee elections held in Kathmandu.
14. Nozomi Okuhara of Japan won Thailand Open 2018 by defeating P V Sindhu at the Nimibutr Stadium in Bangkok.
15. Honda’s Marc Marquez cruised to his ninth consecutive German Grand Prix victory (MotoGP).
16. Wrestler Vinesh Phogat has won gold at the Spanish Grand Prix in Madrid.
Recent Recruitment Notifications 2019
|Naval Dockyard Recruitment||Apply for 933 Vacancies|
|Kanchipuram Central Cooperative Bank Recruitment||Apply for 238 Vacancies|
|Cotton Corporation of India Limited Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|HP Revenue Department Recruitment||Apply for 1195 Vacancies|
|BITS Pilani Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|AIATSL Recruitment||Apply for 214 Vacancies|