Sikkim Statehood Day
- Sikkim celebrated its 43rd statehood day.
- It was on May 16, 1975, that Sikkim.
- Under the Union of India and Kazi Lhendup Dorjee.
- Sikkim has the highest number of employees.
- It about 14 percent of its population.
- It officially became the 22nd state of the country.
Indian Coast Guard Ship Vigraha decommissioned
- The ICGS Vigraha was decommissioned at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The decommissioning ceremony was attended by eight former.
- It had been at the helm of the ship.
China to host the 2023 Asian Cup
- In 2023 China has become the sole contender to host the Asian Cup Football tournament.
- The announcement came after South Korea has announced.
- It declared withdraw its bid to host the game.
- The KFA announced that it had pulled out.
- In the same year North Korea to host the Women’s World Cup.
Lokpal website launched in the country
- The website of the Lokpal www.lokpal.gov.in.
- It has been launched in India.
- It was inaugurated by Chairperson Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose.
- It provides basic information about working and functioning.
- In India, the Lokpal is the first institution of its kind.
Cyril Ramaphosa re-elected as President of South Africa
- ANC won South African elections with majority.
- It votes and Cyril Ramaphosa elected as South African President.
- Last year in February 2018, Cyril Ramaphosa elected.
- This was the first time that African National Congress.
- has got less than 60 percent votes in national polls.
17th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here