2. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released operational guidelines to facilitate payments among prepaid instruments (PPI) such as mobile wallets.
3. India and Tanzania on Tuesday signed two MoUs in presence of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Tanzanian Foreign Minister Dr. Augustine Mahiga. The two Ministers exchanged views on regional and global developments, including the East African Community Secretariat based in Tanzania, counter-terrorism, Indian Ocean Region as well as defense and security collaboration between the two countries.
4. National Award winning music director Mohammed Zahum Khayyam Hashmi, famous as ‘Khayyam’, has been named for this year’s Hridaynath Award for Lifetime Achievement.
5. India has been ranked as the 58th most competitive economy on the World Economic Forum’s global competitiveness index for 2018, which was topped by the US.
6. Author Anna Burns has won the Man Booker Prize for her novel ‘Milkman’, becoming the first author from Northern Ireland to win the most prestigious English-language literary award.
7. BankBazaar, India’s leading financial products marketplace, announced that the former RBI Deputy Governor, S.S. Mundra, is now an advisor to the company.
8. State-run BSNL has partnered with telecom gear maker Nokia to offer businesses private 4G services.
9. Praveen Chithravel clinched a bronze in men’s triple jump to give India its second athletics medal in the ongoing Youth Olympics.