1. World Toilet Day is celebrated on 19th November. This year theme is “When Nature Calls”.
2. Qaumi Ekta Week (National Integration Week) is observed across the country from 19th – 25th November, to foster and reinforce the spirit of communal harmony and national integration.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Kundli-Manesar section of the Western Peripheral Expressway. He also inaugurated the 3.2-kilometre long Escorts Mujesar-Ballabhgarh corridor of the Delhi Metro.
4. The Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) has rolled out KOOL, its Online Open Learning training platform. The platform can be used to train teachers, students and the general public.
5. Jalaj Srivastava has been appointed the chairman of the Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI).
6. The government has appointed UIDAI CEO and GSTN Chairman Ajay Bhushan Pandey as the next Revenue Secretary.
7. Oracle’s ex-product chief Thomas Kurian will head Google’s cloud division, replacing Diane Greene.
8. Karnataka Bank has launched CASA campaign of FY 2018-19 & introduced a new SB scheme “KBL SB – TASC” a specialized product for Trusts/Associates/Societies/Clubs.
9. A conference on modernisation of police communication and challenges faced by various police forces began in New Delhi. The two-day conference was inaugurated by Union Minister for communications Manoj Sinha.
10. The 8th National Conference of Women in Police (NCWP) began at Ranchi in Jharkhand.
11. Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) has won this year’s Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament and Development.
12. Hookah bars have been permanently banned in Punjab as President Ram Nath Kovind has given his assent to a bill from the state to check use of tobacco.
13. National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) launched a mobile application and web-based platform ‘NSE goBID’ for retail investors to buy government securities.
14. One of India’s greatest sarod masters, Ustad Amjad Ali Khan, was presented the ‘Sumitra Charat Ram Award for Lifetime Achievement’ at the Kamani Auditorium, for his “immense contribution to the enrichment and promotion of the Indian classical music”.
15. Alexander Zverev thrashed Novak Djokovic in straight sets in the final to win the ATP World Tour Finals title in London.
16. Asia’s first woman neurosurgeon, T.S. Kanaka has passed away.