1. Nelson Mandela International Day is celebrated on 18th July.
2. The 7th Defence Technology and Trade Initiative, Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) meeting was held between India and the US delegation in New Delhi.
3. The UN has entered into a partnership with Google to monitor the impacts of human activity on global ecosystems by using sophisticated online tools.
4. Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) president Brij Bhushan Saran Singh is set to be named the Chef de Mission of the Asian Games-bound Indian contingent.
5. The EU and Japan signed a sweeping free trade deal that officials called a “clear message” against protectionism, as Washington imposes controversial tariffs and threatens a trade war.
6. Flipkart’s PhonePe has acquired Zopper Retail, a hyper-local point-of-sale (PoS) platform for small and medium businesses.
7. Microsoft and Walmart are teaming up for a strategic partnership that will take on rival Amazon in both technology and retail.
8. Carnatic vocalist Aruna Sairam has been selected for this year’s Sangita Kalanidhi award of the Music Academy.
9. India’s star javelin-thrower Neeraj Chopra clinched the gold at the Sotteville Athletics meet in France.
10. Former India off-spinner Ramesh Powar has been appointed the interim coach of the national women’s cricket team.
11. Gujarat government has decided to form the Sanskrit Bhasha Vikas Board, in order to promote the Sanskrit language.