On 18th May International Museum Day is observed
- IMD is an international day which is observed on 18th May.
- It is coordinated by the ICOM.
- The objective of IMD is to raise awareness of the fact.
- The enrichment of cultures and development of mutual understanding.
- The theme for IMD 2019 is Museums as Cultural Hubs.
In New Delhi India-Botswana Foreign Office Consultations held
- The 3rd round of Foreign Office Consultations was held in New Delhi in between India and Botswana.
- It was held in New Delhi on 15th May 2019.
- The Indian delegation was led by Neena Malhotra.
- The purpose of the Foreign Office Consultation is to review.
- They have also discussed the strategy to further strengthen.
Eleventh India Iran JCCM in New Delhi
- India Iran JCCM held in New Delhi on May 14, 2019.
- The Indian delegation was led by Amit Narang.
- The Joint Secretary in Consular, Passport and Visa division.
- The purpose of this meeting is to review the status.
- To promote friendly exchanges between India and Iran.
Taiwan legalizes same-sex marriage
- Taiwan becomes the first of any Asian country.
- On 17th May, the Lawmakers of Taiwan passed.
- The 66-to-27 vote recognizes same-sex.
- Taiwan’s high court ruled on May 24, 2017.
- The process frequently stalled amid conservative opposition.
- It will be less favorable to the gay community.
Under E Vidhan initiative Kerala State to go paperless
- The Kerala State Assembly is undertaking E-Vidhan.
- In 14 months the first phase of the project is expected to be completed.
- The project is expected to cost around Rs.40 crore.
- All the Assembly proceedings like submission.
- The other correspondence and business concerns.
18th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here