1. Virtual currency exchange Unocoin has installed a currency deposit and dispensing ATM at Kemp Fort Mall in Bengaluru. First, of its kind in India, this ATM circumvents the RBI regulation against bitcoins transaction.
2. The 12th Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) summit began in Brussels, Belgium.
3. Reliance Industries has announced it’s strategic investment partnership with Den Networks Limited and Hathway Cable and Datacom Limited, which will be a ‘win-win’ outcome for customers, local cable operators, content producers, and the companies.
4. The armies of India and China will resume their annual bilateral military exercise ‘Hand in Hand’ will be held in China in December.
5. Bihar’s Shahi litchi has got the Geographical Indication (GI) tag and has become an exclusive brand in the national and international market.
6. Lieutenant General Laura J. Richardson has become the first woman Commanding General of the United States Army Forces Command (FORSCOM) which is based out of Fort Bragg in North Carolina.
7. Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has appointed former State Bank of India (SBI) chairman Arundhati Bhattacharya as an independent director of the company.
8. A parliamentary panel will examine the functioning of retirement fund body Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), its coverage and recovery of arrears. The panel will be headed by BJP MP Kirit Somaiya.
9. A new book on Maharana Pratap named “Maharana Pratap: The Invincible Warrior” authored by historian Rima Hooja has been released.
10. Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Narayan Dutt Tiwari has passed away.