1. A Bilateral meeting on tourism cooperation between India and Morocco led by the Minister of Tourism, Air Transport, Handicraft and Social Economy of Morocco, Mohamed Sajid and the Minister of State for Tourism (IC), Government of India, K. J. Alphonse, held in New Delhi.
2. The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Nirmala Sitharaman approved the procurement of equipment for the Defence Forces valued at over Rs.9,100 crores.
3. All-women crew of INSV Tarini has bagged the prestigious ‘Tenzing Norgay National Adventure award’ for beating the odds in water with their enduring skills and sailing across the world for eight long months.
4. Union Minister for Railways and Coal, Piyush Goyal inaugurated the first ever India Tourism Mart (ITM 2018) in New Delhi.
5. The Central government proposed the amalgamation of State-owned Bank of Baroda, Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank to create India’s third-largest bank as part of reforms in the public sector banking segment.
6. India and Sri Lanka today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for construction of a 5000-metric ton temperature controlled warehouse in Dambulla of Central Province.
7. Kerala Tourism has won two prestigious gold awards of the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) for its innovative marketing campaigns at PATA Travel Mart 2018 held in Langkawi, Malaysia.
8. The government exempted from income tax the interest payable on rupee-denominated bonds issued outside India by a company or a trust to a non-resident or a foreign company, a move aimed at increasing dollar inflow.
9. Bollywood stars Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma have been signed on to promote and endorse the Skill India Mission, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
10.Japan Open (badminton) 2018 Winners
Men’s Singles: Kento Momota
Women’s Singles: Carolina Marín
Men’s Doubles: Marcus Fernaldi Gideon / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo
Women’s Doubles: Yuki Fukushima / Sayaka Hirota
Mixed Doubles : Zheng Siwei / Huang Yaqiong
11. Veteran freedom fighter and former Odisha Minister Dolagobinda Pradhan has passed away.