1. World Humanitarian Day is observed on 19th August. The campaign launched on World Humanitarian Day is “#NotATarget”.
2. Afghanistan celebrated the 99th anniversary of Independence Day on 19th August.
3. Sadbhavana Diwas is celebrated on 20th August across India.
4. External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj inaugurated ‘Panini Language Laboratory’ at Mahatma Gandhi Institute (MGI) in Mauritius.
5. India has successfully test-fired its indigenously developed ‘HeliNa’ anti-tank missile at the Pokhran Range in Rajasthan.
6. Germany is on track to record the world’s largest trade surplus for a third consecutive year.
7. Delhi government’s additional director of health S.K. Arora has been awarded the prestigious WHO World No Tobacco Day 2018 Award for his extraordinary contribution towards tobacco control.
8. Former Army chief Gen Dalbir Singh has been awarded with United States (US) ‘Legion of Merit’ (Degree of Commander).
9. The former Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) S S Mundra has been appointed as Independent Director on the Board of Indiabulls Housing Finance for a period of three years.
10. India defeated Bangladesh in the final of the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Under-15 Women’s Championship in Thimpu, Bhutan.
11. Indian Wrestler Bajrang Punia has won a gold at the 18th edition of the Asian Games held in Jakarta.
12. Australian fast bowler Mitchell Johnson has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket.