1. The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) amongst BRICS Nations on the Regional Aviation Partnership Cooperation (RAPC).
2. The 10th edition of the Delhi Dialogue was held in New Delhi. This year theme is ‘Strengthening India-ASEAN Maritime Co-operation’.
3. Bengaluru based Jana Small Finance Bank has announced the commercial launch of its banking operations.
4. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will shortly issue Rs.100 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series. The new denomination notes will be lavender color bearing the motif of ‘Rani Ki Vav’, which is a stepwell located in Gujarat.
5. The Jammu & Kashmir’s first all-women branch of Jammu and Kashmir Bank was inaugurated. First Lady Usha Vohra re-inaugurated the first ‘All-Women Branch of Jammu and Kashmir Bank’ at a function organized at the Sher-i-Kashmir International Convention Centre (SKICC).
6. The central government has renewed the appointment of Anil D Sahasrabudhe as the chairman of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
7. The finance ministry has approved an infusion of Rs.11,336 crore in five state-owned lenders including PNB, Corporation Bank, and Andhra Bank to help them meet the regulatory capital requirement. (other two banks are Indian Overseas Bank and Allahabad Bank).
8. The Union Cabinet has approved a MoU between India and Indonesia on cooperation in the field of pharmaceutical products, pharmaceutical substances, biological product and cosmetics regulatory functions.
9. Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh launched Online Pension Management System ‘Abhar aapki Sewa ka’. Through this application, 80,000 pensioners of the state will now get all the information related to pension and payment online.
10. India and USA hold senior officers meeting on homeland security dialogue in New Delhi.