19th June 2018 Current Affairs – GK Today
1. International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict is observed on 19th June. This year theme is “The Plight and Rights of Children Born of War”.
2. Global technology giant Google has joined hands with the Union Ministry for Water Resources to improve the country’s flood prediction and flood management system.
3. Mehbooba Mufti resigned as Jammu and Kashmir’s chief minister after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) ended its alliance with her Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
4. The annual Asia and Oceania region intergovernmental ministerial meeting on anti-doping began in Colombo.
5.ICICI Bank Ltd. named Sandeep Bakhshi as its Chief Operating Officer (COO) for five years.
6. A 3-day National Yoga Olympiad was inaugurated at the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) in CIET in New Delhi by Mr. Eric Falt, Director and UNESCO Representative of the New Delhi Cluster Office for India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, the Maldives and Sri Lanka.
7. SAARC Development Fund will launch a social enterprise development programme (SEDP) to fund 80 entities annually across the 8-member states including India.
8. India and Italy agreed to boost cooperation in counter-terrorism and cybersecurity as External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj met the top Italian leadership and discussed steps to revitalize bilateral ties.
9. Russia has successfully launched a middle-class Soyuz-2.1b carrier rocket with a navigation Glonass-M spacecraft.
10. Noted mimicry artiste Nerella Venumadhav has passed away.