Himachal Pradesh made GPS mandatory for trekkers
- On 18th June 2019, Himachal Pradesh govt made it mandatory for trekkers to carry a GPS device.
- The decision was made in a review meeting.
- The announcement also added that it is important.
- Being a disaster-prone state special attention must be taken.
RBI imposes Rs.1 crore penalty on HDFC for violating its norms
- RBI imposed Rs.1 crore penalty on private sector lender HDFC Bank.
- The penalty was imposed on 18 June 2019.
- RBI had received a reference from customs’ authorities regarding submission of forged BoEs.
- RBI’s examination revealed the violations of the RBI directions on KYC/AML norms.
Om Birla has been elected as the 17th Lok Sabha Speaker
- Om Birla has been unanimously elected as the 17th Lok Sabha Speaker.
- The Congress coming out in support of the NDA’s.
- Birla will replace Sumitra Mahajan. Mr.Om Birla.
- He is a two-time BJP member of Parliament (MP) from Rajasthan.
- Birla is also a member of the Standing Committee on Energy in Parliament.
Facebook unveiled its cryptocurrency, Libra
- Facebook finally unveiled the details of Libra, its cryptocurrency.
- With nearly zero fees using Libra people can buy things or send money to people.
- It will be rolled out for use in 2020.
- It allows the platform’s billions of users across the globe.
- The currency will be serviced by a collective of companies called the Libra Association.
In An ODI England captain, Eoin Morgan set the world record for most sixes
- In an ODI Eoin Morgan set the world record for most sixes.
- He achieved this record during his 71-ball 148-run on 18th June 2019.
- Morgan was assisted by Joe Root in the 189-run partnership.
- For the third wicket during which Root made 88 runs off 82 balls.
19th June 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here