In India Taj, Singapore sign 4,000 cr partnership to buy hotels
- Taj, Vivanta and Ginger brands partnered with Singapore’s wealth fund GIC.
- To invest ₹4,000 crore for buying hotels in India.
- It will be 30% and GIC’s will be 70%.
- The partners will acquire fully-operational hotels.
- In the luxury, upper scale and upscale segments.
The architect behind Paris’ Louvre pyramid dies aged 102
- In Hong Kong the landmark 72-story Bank of China tower.
- Banker’s son Ieoh Ming Pei born in China in 1917.
- It came to the US at 17 to study architecture.
- He became a naturalized US citizen in 1954.
With fully redesigned DNA created worlds first living organism
- At the Medical Research in a two-year effort, researchers.
- The Council’s Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge read.
- It before creating cells with a synthetic version.
- The artificial genome holds 4m base pairs.
- The genome the largest it runs to 970 pages, making.
Pramod Kumar Mishra was awarded the Sasakawa Award
- UNDRR has awarded the Sasakawa Award 2019.
- For Disaster Risk Reduction to Pramod Kumar Mishra.
- The award recognized his dedication to improving resilience.
- It as Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister of India.
Hawke died aged 89 Former Australian Prime Minister Bob
- Australia’s 23rd prime minister and Labor elder statesman.
- Between 1983 and 1991 he served as prime minister.
- He was the country’s third longest-serving leader.
- It after Robert Menzies and John Howard.
19th May 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here