State Bank of India aims to eliminate debit cards
- To promote more digital payment solutions SBI debit cards from the banking system as the bank plans.
- The debit cards by customers of SBI which services a 5th of the population.
- Nearly 90 crore debit cards in the country as against 3 crore credit cards.
- The bank already set up 68,000 ‘Yono cashpoints’.
To get 1000 Wi-Fi Spots Indian Railways planned for 3000th stations
- The Indian railways enabled free Wi-Fi at its 3000th station.
- On Monday the facility went live at Rajasthan’s Ellenabad with 1,000 stations connected.
- To Haryana from Rajasthan, it serves as a point of entry into the state.
- It became the 2000th station to have wi-fi facility.
Indian team retain top-spot in ICC test rankings
- Virat Kohli retained the top spot in the Test batsmen’s rankings.
- It is officially released by the ICC in Dubai.
- Steve Smith occurred in the second position.
- To reach the 2nd spot Smith overtook New Zealand Captain Kane Williamson.
- Smith is just nine points behind Kohli.
- Kohli has 922 points and Smith has 913 points.
Centre to set up Indias first CICET
- In Gujarat, the Centre is planning to set up CICET.
- The aim is to boost the chemical industry in India.
- Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the other campus of the CIPET.
Mohammed Zahur Hashmi passed away
- Mohammed Zahur Hashmi passed away on 19 August.
- He was 92 years old.
- He died because of prolonged illnesses.
- He was famously is known as Khayyam.
20th August 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here