1. India and Ghana signed two agreements in an effort to enhance the bilateral cooperation between the two countries, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Raveesh Kumar confirmed that two MOUs on Cultural Exchange Programme and on cooperation between Bureau of Indian Standards and Ghana Standards Authority was signed.
2. The inaugural ‘two-plus-two dialogue’ between India and the US will be held on September 6 in New Delhi.
3. The 4th Round of the India-Japan Maritime Affairs Dialogue was held in New Delhi.
4. An agreement was today signed between IIT Delhi and the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) under which projects would be launched that would aim to give “scientific validation” to the ancient medical science and integrate it with technology.
5. The board of ONGC has approved exiting helicopter service provider Pawan Hans by selling its entire 49 percent stake.
6. Myanmar joined the India-initiated International Solar Alliance (ISA), becoming the 68th member of the grouping that is aiming at the optimum utilization of solar energy.
7. Repco Micro Finance Ltd, a non-banking finance company promoted by Repco Bank, received NABARD 2018 award for its service to self-help group (SHG) linkage in Tamil Nadu for the fiscal year 2017-18.
8. The University Grants Commission (UGC) has formed a committee to suggest examination reforms in institutions of higher learning. The committee under the chairmanship of M M Salunkhe, former vice-chancellor, Central University, Rajasthan.
9. The Andhra Pradesh government in partnership with EY consultancy launched an ‘e-Pragati’ Core platform, through which it will take many of its services online and provide integrated services to its citizens.
10. The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) – National Physical Laboratory (NPL) signed a MoU with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) for indigenous development of petroleum certified reference materials (CRM) under the trade name of Bhartiya Niredeshak Dravyas (BNDTM).
11. Udaipur was ranked at the 3rd position in the World’s Best Cities 2018 by Travel & Leisure (T+L). The top-ranked two cities are both in Mexico: San Miguel de Allende (1) and Oaxaca (2).
12. The Indian Air Force for the first time will participate with fighter aircraft in Exercise Pitch Black 2018 (PB-18), which is scheduled from July 24, 2018, to August 18, 2018, in Australia.
13. Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC) will be the official partner for the Hockey Men’s World Cup 2018.
14. Noted Hindi poet-lyricist Gopal Das ‘Neeraj’ has passed away.
Recent Recruitment Notifications 2019
|Naval Dockyard Recruitment||Apply for 933 Vacancies|
|Kanchipuram Central Cooperative Bank Recruitment||Apply for 238 Vacancies|
|Cotton Corporation of India Limited Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|HP Revenue Department Recruitment||Apply for 1195 Vacancies|
|BITS Pilani Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|AIATSL Recruitment||Apply for 214 Vacancies|