1. World Refugee Day is observed on 20th June.”Now More Than Ever, We Need to Stand with Refugees”.
2. Tamil Nadu girl Anukreethy Vas was crowned Miss India 2018 in a star-studded event held in Mumbai. Miss India Haryana Meenakshi Chaudhary and Miss India Andhra Pradesh Shreya Rao Kamavarapu became the first and second runners-up respectively.
3. Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the National Digital Library to provide a platform for schools, universities, teachers, students and anyone who has a curiosity to learn.
4. The Punjab government launched a smartphone application ‘i-Hariyali’ that lets users order free plant saplings.
5. Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya has been announced as the 100th smart city of India.
6.US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley announced the United States is withdrawing from the UN Human Rights Council.
7.US scientists have unveiled the world’s most powerful and smartest scientific supercomputer named “Summit”.
8. Renowned music composer A R Rahman has been appointed as the Brand Ambassador of the Sikkim government.
9. The Telangana police have launched a mobile-based messenger application ‘Cop Connect’ dedicated to providing real-time information to over 60,000 police officers across the State.
10. Yes Bank has received approval from market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for acting as custodian of securities.
11. Chief Economic Advisor Arvind Subramanian has resigned from his post.
12.The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) host the 7th OPEC International Seminar at the Imperial Hofburg Palace in Vienna, Austria, under the theme, ‘Petroleum – cooperation for a sustainable future’.
13. Indian Coast Guard Ship (ICGS) ‘Rani Rashmoni’, the fifth in the series of fast patrol vessels constructed by Hindustan Shipyard Limited, was commissioned at Visakhapatnam.
14. The government has appointed Lieutenant General Aziz Ahmed as the new chief of Bangladesh Army.
15. US-based cab aggregator Uber has elevated Pradeep Parameswaran as President of its India and South Asia operations.