1. Universal Children’s Day is observed on 20th November.
2. The Government of India, the Government of Jharkhand and the World Bank signed in New Delhi a $310 million Loan Agreement for Jharkhand Power System Improvement Project to provide reliable, quality, and affordable 24×7 electricity to the citizens of Jharkhand.
3. The 49th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) began at Panaji in Goa. The 9-day event will showcase 212 films from 68 countries. While The Aspern Papers is the opening film, Sealed Lips will be the closing movie.
4. The Union Minister of Civil Aviation and Commerce and Industry Suresh Prabhu and Minister of State for Civil Aviation Jayant Sinha launched the upgraded version of AirSewa 2.0 web portal and mobile app in New Delhi. Chennai airport bagged the champion award for achieving 100% timely closure of grievances in one year.
5. Nari Sashaktikaran Sankalp Abhiyan or Women Empowerment campaign was launched by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
6. The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit was held in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
7. The Maldives cabinet has approved to rejoin the Commonwealth, two years after withdrawing from the 53-nation grouping.
8. SBICAP Ventures (SVL), an alternative asset manager and a wholly owned subsidiary of SBI Capital Markets, launched two funds for the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and affordable housing sectors.
9. HDFC Ltd has disbursed subsidy to over 51,000 customers amounting to over Rs.1,100 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana’s (PMAY) Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS).
10. The RBI board decided to set up a high-powered committee to examine issues related to surplus capital of Rs 9.69 lakh crore with the central bank and advised it to consider a scheme for restructuring stressed assets in the MSME sector.
11. The 12-day long joint military exercise between India and the United States known as ‘Vajra Prahar’ commenced in Jaipur.
12. Russia, Iran and Turkey will hold the next round of talks on Syria’s conflict on November 28-29 in Astana, Kazakhstan.