1. World Osteoporosis Day is observed on 20th October.
2. Union Minister for Railways, Coal and Corporate Affairs Piyush Goyal received the prestigious Carnot prize for his contribution towards sustainable energy solutions.
3. The world’s longest sea bridge Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge will be thrown open for traffic on October 24.
4. India, Japan and the U.S. are set to elevate the bilateral ‘Cope India’ air exercise to a trilateral format. The three countries already conduct naval war games under the expanded Malabar naval exercise.
5. India will play host to the largest-ever Partners’ Forum on 12th and 13th December 2018 in New Delhi.
6. European and Japanese space agencies said an Ariane 5 rocket successfully lifted a spacecraft carrying two probes into orbit Saturday for a joint mission to Mercury, the closest planet to the sun.
7. An Indian-American woman, Minal Patel Davis has been honoured with a Presidential award by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for her extraordinary contribution towards combatting human trafficking in Houston.
8. Global body World Steel Association (world steel) has elected JSW Steel CMD Sajjan Jindal as its treasurer.
9.IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, has launched a $1 billion masala bond programme to fund its investment activities in India.
10. The World Diamond Council (WDC) will hold its 14th annual general meeting (AGM) in Mumbai on October 22 -23,2018.
11. President Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate a three-day ‘Vishwa Shanti Ahimsa Sammelan’ (peace conference) at Mangi Tungi in Nashik district of Maharashtra on October 22.
12. The Geological Survey of India (GSI) will organise a two-day exhibition ‘Bhusampada 2018’ of rocks, minerals and fossils from October 22.