For the Director-General of NSG, Anup Kumar Singh was appointed
- Anup Kumar Singh is the Ahmedabad city Police Commissioner and he was appointed as Director-General of NSG
- NSG is nothing but Union Government’s Counter-Terrorism Unit
- On 10th October, recommendation Ministry of Home Affairs for Singh’s promotion was sent
- The recommendation was sent to the Department of Personnel and Training
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment.
For ECB Chief, Lagarde was appointed
- Christine Lagarde is the Former IMF Chief and she was appointed as head of ECB (European Central Bank)
- She was appointed to become the president of the ECB by the European Union Council.
To strengthen bilateral ties, India, Philippines signed 4 MoUs
- Ram Nath Kovind is the Indian President and he is on a five days visit to the Philippines
- Ram Nath Kovind talks with his Philippine counterpart Rodrigo Duterte
- During President Kovind’s visit, India and the Philippines signed 4 MoUs
- The agreements consist of white shipping details in between the Philippine Coast Guard and the Indian Navy.
In Tokyo, Harsh Vardhan cochaired the 1st JCM
- Harsh Vardhan is the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare and he co-chaired the 1st JCM (Joint Committee Meeting)
- On 19th October 2019, along with Dr. Hiroto Izumi, Special Advisor to Prime Minister in Tokyo he co-chaired
- Joint Committee Meeting conducted under the 2nd MOC (Memorandum of Cooperation). And it signed on Healthcare and Wellness in October 2018.
Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman participated in the International Monetary and Financial Committee
- Nirmala Sitharaman is the Union Finance Minister and she participated in the IMFC (International Monetary and Financial Committee) of the IMF
- And it is the 40th meeting
- It was held in Washington DC
- Along with Nirmala Sitharaman, other officials have participated in the meeting.
20th October 2019 Current Affairs in pdf: Download
20th October 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here