1. The Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council meet held in New Delhi. Finance Minister Piyush Goyal chaired the 28th meeting of the Council.
2. The government has announced the launch of the MicroDot technology, which involves “spraying thousands of the small dots laser etched with a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), throughout the vehicle.”
3. The 4th BIMSTEC Summit will be held in Kathmandu from 30 to 31 August.
4. Facebook is working on launching Athena, its own Internet satellite, early in 2019.
5. Alisson Becker has officially joined Liverpool from Roma in a deal that makes him the world’s most expensive goalkeeper.
6.wildlife scientists have collared a dhole, the Indian wild dog, with a satellite transmitter to study the habits of the endangered species.
7. Karnataka Bank launched DigiLocker facility for its customers as part of its digital initiative in Mangaluru.
8. German auto major Volkswagen Group is planning to expand production capacity and set up a design centre in Chakan near Pune.
9. India’s economic growth story remains intact and the country’s GDP is expected to grow around 7.5 per cent in the current financial year, according to FICCI.
10. Odisha government has appointed senior IAS officer Madhusudan Padhi as the principal secretary to Governor Ganeshi Lal.
Recent Recruitment Notifications 2019
|Naval Dockyard Recruitment||Apply for 933 Vacancies|
|Kanchipuram Central Cooperative Bank Recruitment||Apply for 238 Vacancies|
|Cotton Corporation of India Limited Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|HP Revenue Department Recruitment||Apply for 1195 Vacancies|
|BITS Pilani Recruitment||Apply for 1 Vacancies|
|AIATSL Recruitment||Apply for 214 Vacancies|