1. International Yoga Day is celebrated on 21st June. This year theme is “Yoga for Peace”.
2. World Music Day is observed on 21st June. The day is known as Fete de la Musique.
3. Vishwas Mandalik from Nasik and the Yoga Institute in Mumbai have been selected as the recipients of the Prime Minister’s award for outstanding contribution for promotion and development of yoga.
4. The world’s first International Centre for Humanitarian Forensics (ICHF) was launched in Gujarat.
5. Surat has been awarded for showcasing “great momentum” in the implementation of projects under the Smart Cities Mission.
6. India and Tajikistan have reaffirmed their commitment to promote bilateral relations and agreed to enhance economic cooperation, particularly in sustainable water development.
7. State Bank of India’s (SBI) Managing Director B Sriram was appointed as the MD and CEO of IDBI Bank for a temporary period of three months.
8. The tri-service joint Russia-India military exercise Indra-2018 will take place in an Indian military base in the second half of this year.
9. Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos have become the richest man in the world with a net wealth of USD 141.9 billion, according to the Forbes World’s Billionaires list.
10. Microsoft has announced the acquisition of Flipgrid, a Minneapolis-based educational software startup.
11. Indian Railways will become a “net zero” carbon emitter by 2030, Railways Minister Piyush Goyal said.
12. Haryana has become the first state in the country to give star ranking to village on the basis of seven social parameters.
13.NITI Aayog has ranked Rajasthan at first place among states in water conversation as it registered a significant increase in the level of groundwater.
14. Nasscom on Tuesday unveiled its ‘Women Wizards Rule Tech’ programme for women techies, an effort to increase the number of women in senior levels in the Information Technology (IT) industry.