1. International Day of Peace is celebrated on 21st September. This Year theme is “The Right to Peace – The Universal Declaration of Human Rights at 70”.
2. World Bank Board has endorsed an ambitious five-year Country Partnership Framework (CPF) for India, which aligns with New Delhi’s objectives of high, sustainable and inclusive growth.
3. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has recently exchanged MoUs with the Tata Trusts and Dell to provide a technological platform for nationwide prevention, control, screening and management programme of Non Communicable Diseases (NCDs).
4. The Union home ministry and Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) have signed an agreement for setting up a state-of-the-art integrated control room for emergency response in the ministry.
5. India has contributed one million US dollars for the installation of solar panels on the roof of the imposing UN building at the world body’s headquarters in New York.
6. The New Development Bank (NDB) of the BRICS countries has approved a $525-million loan to Madhya Pradesh for infrastructure projects.
7. India successfully test-fired its indigenously developed surface-to-surface short-range tactical ballistic missile ‘Prahaar’ from the Odisha coast.
8. Actor Anushka Sharma has received the Smita Patil award for best actor at the 34th edition of the Priyadarshini Academy Global Awards 2018 in Mumbai.
9. D Purandeswari has been appointed an independent director on the board of Air India Ltd.
10. A Gitesh Sarma has been appointed as Secretary (West), Ministry of External Affairs.
11. The government launched an online National Database on Sexual Offenders (NDSO) in New Delhi.
12. Saudi Arabia will be the third ‘strategic partner’ of the $50 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
13. Bengaluru is the best location in Asia for technology companies to operate, according to the Colliers International report.