1. Minister for Science and Technology Harsh Vardhan has unveiled the first of a kind Air Quality and Weather Forecast System, SAFAR at Chandni Chowk in New Delhi.
2. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh launched the Student Police Cadet (SPC) programme for nationwide implementation at a ceremony in Gurugram, Haryana.
3. Kerala has been ranked the best-governed state for the third consecutive year by the Public Affairs Centre (PAC) in its Public Affairs Index 2018.
4. Indian badminton player Lakshaya Sen bagged the gold medal after defeating Indonesia’s top-seeded Kunlavut Vitidsaran in the final match of the Badminton Asia Junior Championship in Jakarta.
5. The British capital has launched an action plan to become the world’s most walkable city. The ‘Walking Action Plan’, released by the Mayor of London Sadiq Khan’s team, aims to encourage a million additional walking trips each day by 2024.
6. Los Angeles Times and Pulitzer Prize-winning restaurant critic Jonathan Gold has passed away.
7. Star sprinter Muhammed Anas Yahiya once again entered the record books as he broke his own national record to win the 400 meters race at the Cena Noveho Mesta nad Metuji meets in Czech Republic.
8. Data released by Australian Bureau of Statistics shows India contributed the maximum number of individuals on a skilled visa.
9. The first international festival of Mizoram was organized in Aizawl, which brought the Mizo ethnic community from across borders.
10. Federal Bank has received the regulatory nod to open offices in Bahrain, Kuwait, and Singapore.
11. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has said to the Supreme Court that it is necessary to regulate the Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies to check illegal transactions.
12. The Uttar Pradesh police will set up ‘Digital Armies’ of prominent residents to keep a vigil on inflammatory posts and rumor-mongering.
13. The Supreme Court collegium has recommended Patna Chief Justice Rajendra Menon to take over as the Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court.
14. The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has launched first of its kind Centre for Climate Change in the South East Asia region in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.