FAO Expressed Its Concerns Over Armyworms
- In Asia, to over the menace of Crop-damaging armyworms the FAO has expressed.
- Under threat from Armyworms, it farming in several Asian countries.
- Also it a type of crop-damaging insects.
- From America and across Africa it has munched their way.
- In July these flying insects arrived in India.
- It spread to Bangladesh, Thailand, Sri Lanka, and China’s Tunnan.
- These insects feed mostly on maize.
- The FAO had convened a meeting of officials.
In the House of Commons Jagmeet Singh made history
- In the house of commons, Jagmeet Singh made history.
- In the country, it is the first non-white leader.
- The leader of the New Democratic Party is Singh, 40.
- On February 25 he was elected in federal by-elections.
On 22nd March World Water Day is celebrated
- World Water Day is celebrated on 22nd March.
- In 1993 the first World Water Day was commemorated.
- Leaving no one behind is the theme.
- SDG 6 aims to ensure availability.
- It sustainable management of water for all by 2030.
- To ‘leave no one behind’ focus on taking efforts.
CBSE launches app Shiksha Vani
- CBSE started its podcast app, ‘Shiksha Vani’.
- It is used to send the major announcements.
- It is expected to be the quickest way to information.
- The first official circular on the app confirmed.
- The evaluation process of the 2019 Board Examinations.
India’s deepest shaft cave discovered in Meghalaya
- India’s deepest shaft cave Krem Um Ladaw has been discovered.
- In the Abode of the Clouds Expedition during the annual.
- The cave has a 105 m deep shaft entrance passage.
- The world’s longest sandstone cave Krem Puri.
- In the world, Meghalaya has become one of the top caving regions.
22nd March 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here