Indian, Pakistan to sign MoU for Kartarpur corridor
- India and Pakistan are to sign an MoU on 23 October.
- They signed an agreement for the opening of the Kartarpur corridor.
- The corridor will link two important Sikh shrines on either side.
- Its demand for charging $20 service fee a pilgrim.
Siachen area will be opened for tourists
- The government announced that the Siachen area of the State Jammu and Kashmir.
- Jammu and Kashmir are now open to tourists.
- On 21 October the announcement was made by the Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- The government is opening the entire area from the Siachen base camp.
- The step aims to boost tourism in Ladakh.
In Test cricket, Rohit Sharma set a record of the highest average
- Rohit Sharma smashed the former Australia cricketer Don Bradman’s record.
- On 20 October in Ranchi, Jharkhand he records the highest average in Test cricket.
- He set the record on day two of the third Test match against South Africa.
- He broke the 71-year-old record.
Uttar Pradesh topped the NCRB list of crimes against women
- For the Year 2017 NCRB released the list of states with the most number of crimes against women.
- Uttar Pradesh topped the list, and Assam registered the highest total rate of crime against women.
- The annual report was delayed by a year.
Assam State Cabinet adopted the new land policy
- Assam State Cabinet adopted the new land policy on 21 October 2019.
- The State Assembly also passed a 25% hike in bus fares.
22nd October 2019 Current Affairs Quiz: Click Here
22nd October 2019 Current Affairs in pdf: Download