1. Private sector lender Yes Bank has paid Rs.38 crore in fines to the GST department for alleged violations in domestic remittances.
2. Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) has increased the minimum insurance cover for owner-driver to Rs.15 lakh for a premium of Rs.750 per year.
3. Village Rockstars, an Assamese language feature by National Award-winning filmmaker Rima Das, was selected as India’s official entry for the best foreign language film category of the 2019 Academy (Oscar) Awards.
4. Rakesh Jain and Sachin Chaturvedi have been appointed as a member in Southern local board and Eastern local board of RBI. Revathy Iyer and Raghvendra Narayan Dubey have been appointed as a member in the Northern local board of the RBI.
5. Fitch Ratings raised India’s growth forecast for the current fiscal to 7.8% from 7.4% earlier.
6. Anil Kumar Chaudhary took charge as chairman of state-owned Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL).
7. The inauguration of the first General Assembly of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) will take place on 2 October 2018 in Delhi. The Ministerial level Assembly will be held in Greater Noida the following day.
8. The Border Security Force (BSF) has opened a new hotline in Delhi to communicate with the Pakistan Rangers.
9. The Women’s Boxing World Championships, to be hosted by India after more than a decade, will be held from November 15-24, 2018, in New Delhi.
10. India settled for the silver medal after losing to Pakistan 2-3 in the final of the Asian Team Snooker Championship.
11. Vietnam’s President Tran Dai Quang has passed away.